Menu
Name:
Depot Covered Bridge
The Depot Covered Bridge is located near the geographic center of Pittsford, west of the main village, on Depot Hill Road, which provides access from the village to the western part of the community. It is single-span Town lattice structure, set on stone abutments that have been faced in concrete. It has a total span of 121 feet (37 m), with the upper ends of the trusses extending 6 feet (1.8 m) beyond the abutments at either end. The bridge is 22 feet (6.7 m) wide, with a roadway width of 18 feet (5.5 m) (one lane). The bridge is sheathed in vertical board siding, and its roof is slate. The bridge deck is now supported by steel stringers.
The bridge was built about 1840 and was one of four surviving 19th-century covered bridges in Pittsford in 1974, when it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It underwent restoration in 1974, at which time the abutments were faced in concrete, and in 2006 its deck was supported by steel stringers. -- Source Wikipedia
Reference 1
Reference 2